Join Scott Pagano for an in-depth discussion in this video Add frame into simulation, part of Houdini 15.5: Dynamics and Simulation.
- [Narrator] So next up we're going to add…our Frame Shelving Geometry…into our Crate Destruction Scene.…So the first thing I'm going to do here is I'm going to…make sure we're looking through our Render Cam.…And let's make sure this Shell, Base and Ground object…are turned on and let's just play the Simulation.…Let's see where we're at to date just so we can…get a sense of what we have done…and then we can look at where we're going.…Alright, so there's a lot of Simulation settings…we're going to tweak as this goes to get our Simulation…looking the way we want it to look.…But this is good to see where we're at,…to see everything working properly,…all our Collisions happening…and very little, if any, interpenetration between objects.…
So now, let's tumble around our scene here.…Let's rewind to the beginning.…Now let's turn off the Shell object…and let's turn on the Frame just so we can see…what we're working with.…Okay so the Frame comprises the inner shelving of our Crate.…And as you can see we have these very simple tube…
- Destroying objects with Houdini rigid body dynamics
- Creating a soft object simulation with Houdini Wire and Finite Element simulations
- Creating a Houdini digital asset (HDA) destruction system for use in Maya and 4D
- Using an HDA destruction system in Maya
- Using an HDA destruction system in CINEMA 4D
Skill Level Advanced
Maya Dynamics: Creating Simulations (2012)with Aaron F. Ross2h 11m Intermediate
Houdini: Advanced Motion Graphicswith Scott Pagano4h 23m Advanced
Overview of constraints2m 32s
2. Rigid Body Dynamics
3. Soft Body Dynamics
4. Building an HDA
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.