Join Scott Pagano for an in-depth discussion in this video Add cans to simulation, part of Houdini 15.5: Dynamics and Simulation.
- [Instructor] Now that we have the large pieces…of our geometry of our crates set up,…added into the dynamic simulation,…now it's time to add in the small cans into the setup.…So, we have almost 4,000 of these little guys in here,…and this is a great way to show…Bullet's incredible strength…at handling large numbers of dynamic objects together.…To date, with everything else,…there's some cool stuff going on,…but it's really not that many objects.…We just increased that by a serious order of magnitude.…So, this is different than all of our…other ones, as well, because…we're not going to have proxy geometry,…or any sort of other geometry…representation of these objects.…
These are very simple pieces of geometry.…Let's zoom in here and look at them,…these little guys, and we don't need…to create proxy geometry,…or have their movement defined by something else.…We can wrap a convex hull in Bullet…around this whole thing and we'll be absolutely fine.…So, we have our array of these guys.…Let's go out of here,…let's frame this up a bit.…
- Destroying objects with Houdini rigid body dynamics
- Creating a soft object simulation with Houdini Wire and Finite Element simulations
- Creating a Houdini digital asset (HDA) destruction system for use in Maya and 4D
- Using an HDA destruction system in Maya
- Using an HDA destruction system in CINEMA 4D
Skill Level Advanced
Maya Dynamics: Creating Simulations (2012)with Aaron F. Ross2h 11m Intermediate
Houdini: Advanced Motion Graphicswith Scott Pagano4h 23m Advanced
Overview of constraints2m 32s
2. Rigid Body Dynamics
3. Soft Body Dynamics
4. Building an HDA
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.