Join Scott Pagano for an in-depth discussion in this video Add arm wires to wire sim, part of Houdini 15.5: Dynamics and Simulation.
- [Instructor] Now that we have the wires built…for our ARMS geometry, we want to add those in…to our tentacle simulation where our…wire dynamic simulation's already happening.…So first off, let's just make sure that…obj_TENTACLESIM is selected down here…out of the two simulations we have,…cause that's what we want to have…all the new simulation stuff go into.…Make sure ARMS is selected here in my network view,…go up to the wires tab here…and I'm going to choose wire object.…So let's go into our tentacle sim,…and you can see that it has added another wire object,…we now have ARMS over here.…
Let's pull these guys over so we some more room.…I'm going to turn off this normal view and this point view.…So let's open up the parameters for ARMS,…I'm going to go to the visualization tab…and turn on the width color so we can see…what's going on there.…And I'm actually just going to click on ARMS…so we can just look at those for a second.…I'm going to go into our geometry tab,…I'm going to change the target stiffness and damping to one…
- Destroying objects with Houdini rigid body dynamics
- Creating a soft object simulation with Houdini Wire and Finite Element simulations
- Creating a Houdini digital asset (HDA) destruction system for use in Maya and 4D
- Using an HDA destruction system in Maya
- Using an HDA destruction system in CINEMA 4D
Skill Level Advanced
Maya Dynamics: Creating Simulations (2012)with Aaron F. Ross2h 11m Intermediate
Houdini: Advanced Motion Graphicswith Scott Pagano4h 23m Advanced
Overview of constraints2m 32s
2. Rigid Body Dynamics
3. Soft Body Dynamics
4. Building an HDA
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.