Learn why listening to your customers on social media and solving their problems is critical to achieving your business goals.
- [Narrator] So many businesses and people talk too much.…And social media has amplified the racket.…It's a little like the teacher in Charlie…Brown cartoons with her, "Wah wah wah."…We experience this with a pushy sales rep in a store,…or get a bothersome popup app on a retail website.…Being on the receiving end of a hard sale is frustrating,…and doesn't engender customer loyalty.…What we want is for companies to take the time…to listen to our needs and then see if they can help.…
But too often we feel like a bowling pin…watching a speeding sales ball barrel…toward us and try to mow as many of us down as it can.…It's hard work being a good listener…because we're all so eager to be heard.…But, your business could build stronger relationships…if you did more listening and less talking…on social media, and in real life too.…The best way to do this is to imagine…the world from your customers' point of view.…Who are they, and what motivates them?…What's their day like?…What are their challenges or goals?…Is your relationship all business or transactional?…
- Explain the importance of understanding your customers’ needs.
- Describe the filters you can use on social listening apps.
- Recognize why social listening is a standalone activity for a business.
- Identify ways in which social listening is an important tool for issues and crisis management.