How you manage, execute and handle your social CRM all boils down to your rules of engagement. Laying out clearly defined rules wills set the standard for every prospect and customer interaction. In this video, social media strategist Megan Adams teaches how to create rules of engagement for your organization, best practices and how to implement them on an organizational level to promote consistency.
- [Instructor] How you manage, execute, and handle…your social CRM all boils down to your rules of engagement.…Laying out clearly defined rules…will set the standard for every prospect…and customer interaction your organization has.…The standards you set depend on your organization,…but typically include tone of voice,…so this is set by your organization's marketing team…and it's basically how you interact…with prospects and customers.…You'll also create set responses to specific situations.…
So this may be the email auto-response…a customer receives after submitting a trouble ticket,…or this could be your escalation procedure.…Next is personalizing responses.…So this will be your process…for personalizing various situations,…so that the entirety of the customer's issue…was communicated and resolved…while treating this customer on an individual basis.…Next is guidelines for announcing company-wide issues.…So these may be standards for issuing press releases…on social media or notifying your customer base…of outages that will affect them.…
To begin, Megan explains what social CRM is and how to select and implement the best CRM platform for your organization. Next, she shows you how to develop your social CRM strategy so you can define and maintain your brand, develop social media best practices, and launch targeted and segmented marketing campaigns. She also explains how to connect with online influencers who can enthusiastically and effectively spread the good word about your brand, engage with prospects, and handle challenging customer service interactions. She wraps up with how to document your processes and use customized analytics.
- Choosing the right platform for your business
- Allocating resources to support your initiative
- Building and maintaining brand strategies
- Establishing rules of engagement for customer interactions
- Creating targeted marketing campaigns
- Identifying and working with social media influencers
- Using social media to monitor customer issues
- Handling negative feedback
- Documenting your strategy
- Customizing an analytical framework
- Measuring and monitoring results