Video for Photographers: Shooting with a DSLR
In Video for Photographers: Shooting with a DSLR, photographer and videographer Rob Sheppard provides the essential foundation that photographers need to make the leap from still pictures to moving ones. From technical considerations, such as audio and frame rates, to aesthetic issues, such as composition and story development, this course presents concepts and techniques photographers need to get the best results from their gear and learn the art of video-based storytelling. Exercise files are included with the course.
- Understanding video resolution and frame rates
- Comparing DSLRs and camcorders
- Choosing equipment, from tripods to memory cards to lights
- Achieving the right exposure
- Working with shutter speed limitations
- Setting white balance
- Recording better audio with an external microphone
- Incorporating movement and storytelling into video
- Preparing for video editing
- Hi, I'm Rob Sheppard. Welcome to Shooting Video with a DSLR. DSLR cameras are designed primarily for shooting still photographs. But recently many DSLRs now include the capability of shooting HD video. In this course I'll introduce you to equipment and shooting techniques that will allow you to transition from still photography to shooting video with a DSLR camera. I'll start by identifying the major differences between composing individual still photographs and telling a story over time with video.
Next I'll take a look at the ideal equipment for shooting video including camera supports, lights, and even specific camera components. Finally we'll go hands-on. As I shoot video of an event, I'll explore vital techniques for capturing the action with a DSLR, like choosing the right shutter speed and recording great audio. While anybody with a video capable DSLR should benefit from this course some knowledge of the foundations of still photography is ideal. As a photographer and a videographer, I'm really excited about the possibilities of shooting video with a DSLR.
Let's get started.
Creative DSLR Video Techniques262,603 Views
Foundations of Video: Cameras and Shooting866,858 Views
Lighting a Video Interview208,940 Views
Shooting a Time-Lapse Movie with the Camera in Motion83,566 Views
Shooting a Time-Lapse Movie from a Window42,646 Views
The Practicing Photographer1,607,809 Views
Foundations of Photography: Exposure5,545,810 Views
Premiere Pro CC Essential Training (2014)1,784,172 Views
Video Gear Weekly717,626 Views