Shooting with the Nikon D7000
This course details the features, controls, and options in the Nikon D7000 camera. Author Ben Long provides an overview of a digital single lens reflex (DSLR) camera and reviews the Nikon D7000 camera's components and basics of operation, including changing lenses, navigating the menus, shooting in Auto mode, and reviewing and managing photos on the camera's LCD screen. The course also covers white balance options, advanced metering and autofocus controls, flash, and shooting HD video, and includes a chapter on sensor and camera maintenance.
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
- Hi, my name is Ben Long. Understanding your gear is essential to consistently taking good photos. Yes, you can throw your camera into auto mode and get good shots most of the time, but you will run into situations that will flummox your camera's auto features and in those instances, you need to know how to adjust your camera to get good results. In this course, you're going to explore all of the critical features of your Nikon D7000, the features that any beginning to intermediate shooter will need to know. In this course, among many other things, you'll see what the D7000's different modes do, how you can alter and tweak those modes, how to shoot video using the camera's amazing HD video features, how to customize the camera to make it easier to use for your particular shooting tasks, and how to use the camera's various exposure controls to correct exposure while you shoot.
Now this is not a photography course. We won't be going into detail into exposure theory and the other fundamentals of photography. But we will give you reminders about specific terms and processes and will tell you when it's a good idea to watch an additional Lynda course that might help out with the fundamentals. This course combined with a couple of other courses will provide you with a full photo curriculum, but one built around the D7000. This means you can learn photography in terms of the specific buttons and controls on your exact camera. So get your camera close to hand as we delve into the particulars of the Nikon D7000.
Shooting with the Nikon D800826,346 Views
Foundations of Photography: Flash979,324 Views
Shooting with the Canon 5D Mark III1,470,842 Views
Lighting with Flash: Basics264,864 Views
Photography 101: Shooting in Low Light167,075 Views
Foundations of Photography: Exposure5,771,197 Views
The Practicing Photographer1,785,836 Views
Foundations of Photography: Composition3,635,298 Views
Lightroom CC Essential Training (2015)1,136,116 Views
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2013)3,293,738 Views