- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
- Hi, my name is Ben Long. Understanding your gear is essential to consistently taking good photos. Sure, you can throw your camera into auto mode and get good shots most of the time. But you will run into situations that will flummox your camera's auto features and in those instances, you need to know how to adjust your camera to get good results. In this course, you're going to learn all of the critical features of your Canon EO60D. You'll learn what its different modes do, how you can alter and tweak those modes, how to shoot video using the camera's amazing HD video features, how to customize the camera to make it easier to use for your particular shooting tasks and how to use the camera's various exposure controls to correct exposure while you shoot.
Now, this is not a photography course, we won't be going into detail, into exposure theory, and the other fundamentals of photography. But we will give you reminders about specific terms and processes and tell you when it's a good idea to go watch an additional Lynda course that might help with the fundamentals. This course, combined with a couple of other courses will provide you with a full photo curriculum, but one built around your specific camera. This means you can learn photography in terms of the specific buttons and controls on your exact camera.
So, get your camera close to hand as we delve into the particulars of the Canon EO60D.
1. Getting to Know Your Canon SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
Using white balance presets2m 28s
6. Using Drive Mode and the Self-Timer
7. Using Exposure Control Options
8. More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Styles
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Functions
15. Using Custom Functions
16. Caring for Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.