Shooting with the Canon 60D
This course details the features, controls, and options in the Canon EOS 60D camera. Author Ben Long provides an overview of a digital single lens reflex (SLR) camera and reviews the components and operation of the Canon 60D camera, including changing lenses, navigating the menus, shooting in Auto mode, and reviewing and managing photos on the camera's LCD screen. The course also covers white balance options, advanced metering and autofocus controls, flash, and shooting HD video, and includes a chapter on sensor and camera maintenance.
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
- Hi, my name is Ben Long. Understanding your gear is essential to consistently taking good photos. Sure, you can throw your camera into auto mode and get good shots most of the time. But you will run into situations that will flummox your camera's auto features and in those instances, you need to know how to adjust your camera to get good results. In this course, you're going to learn all of the critical features of your Canon EO60D. You'll learn what its different modes do, how you can alter and tweak those modes, how to shoot video using the camera's amazing HD video features, how to customize the camera to make it easier to use for your particular shooting tasks and how to use the camera's various exposure controls to correct exposure while you shoot.
Now, this is not a photography course, we won't be going into detail, into exposure theory, and the other fundamentals of photography. But we will give you reminders about specific terms and processes and tell you when it's a good idea to go watch an additional Lynda course that might help with the fundamentals. This course, combined with a couple of other courses will provide you with a full photo curriculum, but one built around your specific camera. This means you can learn photography in terms of the specific buttons and controls on your exact camera.
So, get your camera close to hand as we delve into the particulars of the Canon EO60D.
Color Management Fundamentals246,094 Views
Designing Icons for the Web50,716 Views
Yo Santosa, Branding Expert37,443 Views
Up and Running with Flash Professional CC327,894 Views
LastPass Password Management Fundamentals73,711 Views
Foundations of Photography: Exposure5,545,810 Views
The Practicing Photographer1,607,809 Views
Foundations of Photography: Composition3,516,392 Views
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2013)3,249,919 Views