Join Ben Sullins for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Analyzing Big Data with Hive.
- SQL is one of the only programming languages that has…a universal standard, which nearly all databases support.…Now that you know how to retrieve data from a database,…join it together with other data,…aggregata and analyze the results,…you can answer complex question on hundreds of platforms.…The journey isn't over, however.…There are many more ways and more platforms…that you need to master before becoming a true data Jedi.…For example, I recommend checking out…some additional courses here.…Foundations of Programming: Databases,…SQL Essential Training, SQL for Data Reporting and Analysis.…
With the skills that you've learnt here,…and that you'll get in these additional courses,…you're well on your way to becoming…a powerful data professional.…Feel free to connect with me online, as well,…and thank you for watching this course.…I'll see you back here next time.…
This course shows how to use Hive to process data. Instructor Ben Sullins starts by showing you how to structure and optimize your data. Next, he explains how to get Hue, the Hadoop user interface, to leverage HiveQL when analyzing data. Using the newly configured option, he then demonstrates how to load data, create aggregate tables for fast query access, and run advanced analytics. He also takes you through managing tables and putting functions to use. This course is designed to help you find new ways to work with datasets so you can answer the tough data science questions that come your way.
- Defining data structures in Hive
- Selecting data
- Joining tables
- Manipulating data
- Filtering results
- Aggregating data
- Using built-in aggregate functions
- Mastering built-in table-generating functions
- Using CUBE and ROLLUP
- Using clauses: WHERE and HAVING
- Using LIKE, JOIN, and SEMI JOIN
- Using functions: String, math, date, and conditional
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Hive Concepts and Setup
2. Working with Data in Hive
3. Retrieving Data from Hive
Simple SELECT statement4m 37s
4. Aggregating Data
5. Filtering Results
6. Joining Tables
7. Manipulating Data
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.