At the end of this video the learner will have created a table using the HUE interface.
- [Male Narrator] Now let's take a look at…actually creating tables in Hive.…The first thing we're going to so is open…the HUE Metastore Manager and take a look at what's there,…then we'll upload a file that you get…with the downloads for this course, and then we'll…browse data and some of the other tables that are there.…Here in my HUE editor, I have my Hive examples,…and the first thing I want to do is actually just open up…the file browser here, so I'm going to go to application,…system tools, file browser, and I'm going to browse…to the shared folder with the exercise files…that we set up in our virtual environment.…
Inside of here, I'm going to go into the data folder,…and I'm going to take a look at this…CogsleyServices-SalesData-US-NoCommas.csv.…Now, I have that one there, and then I have another one…with commas, so if we just take a look at this.…I'll double click it, choose display, and,…if I maximize this, it's a bunch of stuff on the screen,…but essentially what we have on the first row…is just the column names for the table…
This course shows how to use Hive to process data. Instructor Ben Sullins starts by showing you how to structure and optimize your data. Next, he explains how to get Hue, the Hadoop user interface, to leverage HiveQL when analyzing data. Using the newly configured option, he then demonstrates how to load data, create aggregate tables for fast query access, and run advanced analytics. He also takes you through managing tables and putting functions to use. This course is designed to help you find new ways to work with datasets so you can answer the tough data science questions that come your way.
- Defining data structures in Hive
- Selecting data
- Joining tables
- Manipulating data
- Filtering results
- Aggregating data
- Using built-in aggregate functions
- Mastering built-in table-generating functions
- Using CUBE and ROLLUP
- Using clauses: WHERE and HAVING
- Using LIKE, JOIN, and SEMI JOIN
- Using functions: String, math, date, and conditional