This video provides you with what you need to know about shooting techniques, for you to keep in your back pocket.
- Okay, so you've watched all the previous chapters,…you've got a camera,…you've planned your shoot,…and you're ready to go,…but it kind of seems like quite a lot to remember, doesn't it?…Well, we've made a PDF that you can print out…and stick in your back pocket…that covers all the basics…so you've got a quick reference guide.…And let's just go through them now…so that we can recap what the important things are…to remember.…Is your camera set up as expected?…Has anyone messed with your stuff?…Check to make sure no one's done anything weird…to the settings since the last time you used it.…Because this one's really important.…Make sure you've got enough power…to last you through the shoot.…
If you're using batteries,…make sure they're charged and ready to go,…and if you're using the mains,…make sure you've got all the power leads that you need.…Check your lighting.…Is it too bright or too dark?…Make sure you haven't positioned your lights…or your subject…in a way that makes them look weird.…How low can you go?…Keep that digital grain to a minimum.…
- Getting started with HitFilm Express
- Setting up a camera and lighting
- Making a shooting checklist
- Shooting on a green screen
- Transferring from camera to computer
- Converting video formats
- Importing videos into HitFilm
- Using essential editing techniques
- Using multiple tracks
- Making color corrections
- Working with keyframes and composite shots
- Creating titles and lower-third captions
- Exporting and sharing video
Skill Level Beginner
Video Foundations: Cameras and Shootingwith Anthony Q. Artis2h 58m Appropriate for all
1. Camera, Sound, and Lighting Setup
2. Importing and Organizing Footage
3. Editing and Transitions
4. Titles and Motion Graphics
5. Output and Sharing
Exporting your video4m 20s
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.