In this video, learn what the stages to making a video are.
- The process of making any video or film can be split down into three separate sections. These have been pretty much the same, since the dawn of cinema. First you have pre-production, this is when you plan everything out and decide what your project is going to be. The more time you spend here, the easier everything else is going to be. Figure out what your video is really about. Write a script if you can. Decide on locations. Workout your production schedule. Which brings me, neatly, to the Production phase. This is when you get out your camera and start shooting.
You'll capture all the raw footage you'll need to construct your video. Depending on the project, this could be simple talking heads or beauty shots of a product or location shots. It would depend entirely on the context of your project. Once you've got all those raw materials, you then move into post-production. This is when you jump onto a computer and start assembling the video from all of those different pieces. This process is called editing and you'll be using special software to do it. There are lots of good options for editing software, including free ones. You'll need a decent computer, but it doesn't have to be a super computer.
But you will probably need lots of storage space. We'll be covering that more, later on. So, don't worry if this sounds like a lot of work. While though making videos still requires a lot of time investment, modern equipment and software means that it's easier and cheaper than it's ever been. And I'm going to be here to guide you though it, every step of the way.
- Getting started with HitFilm Express
- Setting up a camera and lighting
- Making a shooting checklist
- Shooting on a green screen
- Transferring from camera to computer
- Converting video formats
- Importing videos into HitFilm
- Using essential editing techniques
- Using multiple tracks
- Making color corrections
- Working with keyframes and composite shots
- Creating titles and lower-third captions
- Exporting and sharing video