In this video, learn how the audio mixer works inside HitFilm Express.
- Audio is a critical of any good video,…and it's important that it doesn't get overlooked.…The flashiest visuals in the world…will not make up for poor audio.…If you've been following the course up until this point,…you already know how to import media files…and add them to the timeline,…what each of the editing tools do,…and how to use multiple tracks.…The good news is that working with audio…uses all of those same skills and tools.…Most of the video clips that you work with…are going to have audio already attached.…
When you drag a video onto the timeline…which has an audio clip attached,…you'll see the audio automatically…placed onto an audio track below.…HitFilm draws an undulating graph called a waveform…onto the track which gives…you a visual representation…of the volume of your track.…This makes it easier to identify particular sounds.…When you edit a clip on the timeline,…the video and audio will be edited simultaneously.…This is because they are linked.…Sometimes though, you might want…to affect them individually.…
- Getting started with HitFilm Express
- Setting up a camera and lighting
- Making a shooting checklist
- Shooting on a green screen
- Transferring from camera to computer
- Converting video formats
- Importing videos into HitFilm
- Using essential editing techniques
- Using multiple tracks
- Making color corrections
- Working with keyframes and composite shots
- Creating titles and lower-third captions
- Exporting and sharing video
Skill Level Beginner
Video Foundations: Cameras and Shootingwith Anthony Q. Artis2h 58m Appropriate for all
1. Camera, Sound, and Lighting Setup
2. Importing and Organizing Footage
3. Editing and Transitions
4. Titles and Motion Graphics
5. Output and Sharing
Exporting your video4m 20s
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.