In this video, learn how video editing software can help your projects.
- High-quality video projects are not normally shot in a single take. While you can just put a camera in front of someone and have them talk for five minutes, it doesn't usually tell a very compelling story. And that's where post-production and video editing software comes in. They give you the extra tools you need to finesse your project. So you might already have some experience of shooting on a smartphone filming your family or friends, but when you start working on larger projects, the filming you do with a camera is actually just one step of the overall process. It's when you get onto the computer that you can really start being creative.
Later on in this course, we'll be covering the essentials of video editing, understanding why and how to cut your clips. We'll take a look at color grading and how to make your video look even better. We'll cover how to make professional titles and add images and will examine how to add music and sound effects. Knowing how to use your camera is undeniably important, but it's actually your mastery of video editing that will set your projects apart and help you reach a level of quality that you perhaps didn't think was even possible.
- Getting started with HitFilm Express
- Setting up a camera and lighting
- Making a shooting checklist
- Shooting on a green screen
- Transferring from camera to computer
- Converting video formats
- Importing videos into HitFilm
- Using essential editing techniques
- Using multiple tracks
- Making color corrections
- Working with keyframes and composite shots
- Creating titles and lower-third captions
- Exporting and sharing video
Skill Level Beginner
Video Foundations: Cameras and Shootingwith Anthony Q. Artis2h 58m Intermediate
1. Camera, Sound, and Lighting Setup
2. Importing and Organizing Footage
3. Editing and Transitions
4. Titles and Motion Graphics
5. Output and Sharing
Exporting your video4m 20s
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.