In this video, find out how Hollywood visual effects can benefit your videos.
- Green screen is a vision effects technique for removing the background from a shot so that you can then replace it with something else. Computers are pretty clever but they actually have a hard time telling the difference between a foreground subject and the background. By using a big solid obvious color like green, it gives the computer something to latch onto. All you need to do is tell it to remove the green and then you're good to go. So if you're not planning on doing any green screen work you can skip ahead past these chapters if you want but if you want to know how Hollywood visual effects techniques can help with your presentations then let's get into it.
Well if you've ever watched the news or a weather report you'd have seen people standing in front of fancy graphics. Green screen is actually a great technique for demonstrating and talking about complex subjects because it allows you to be literally inside your own presentation. Politics and economic shows absolutely love using this kind of stuff. If you got an important but truthfully quite boring spreadsheet to explain to your colleagues, this can be a fantastic way to get their attention. So this technique lets you shoot your subjects on a green screen then remove the background on the computer and swap it out for a completely new background.
In the next chapter I'm going to show you how to actually shoot on a green screen then in section four we'll cover how to process it in the HitFilm software.
- Getting started with HitFilm Express
- Setting up a camera and lighting
- Making a shooting checklist
- Shooting on a green screen
- Transferring from camera to computer
- Converting video formats
- Importing videos into HitFilm
- Using essential editing techniques
- Using multiple tracks
- Making color corrections
- Working with keyframes and composite shots
- Creating titles and lower-third captions
- Exporting and sharing video