In this video, find out how Hollywood visual effects can benefit your videos.
- Green screen is a vision effects technique…for removing the background from a shot…so that you can then replace it with something else.…Computers are pretty clever but they actually have…a hard time telling the difference between…a foreground subject and the background.…By using a big solid obvious color like green,…it gives the computer something to latch onto.…All you need to do is tell it to remove the green…and then you're good to go.…So if you're not planning on doing any green screen work…you can skip ahead past these chapters if you want…but if you want to know how Hollywood visual effects…techniques can help with your presentations…then let's get into it.…
Well if you've ever watched the news or a weather report…you'd have seen people standing in front of fancy graphics.…Green screen is actually a great technique for demonstrating…and talking about complex subjects because it allows you…to be literally inside your own presentation.…Politics and economic shows absolutely love using this…kind of stuff.…
- Getting started with HitFilm Express
- Setting up a camera and lighting
- Making a shooting checklist
- Shooting on a green screen
- Transferring from camera to computer
- Converting video formats
- Importing videos into HitFilm
- Using essential editing techniques
- Using multiple tracks
- Making color corrections
- Working with keyframes and composite shots
- Creating titles and lower-third captions
- Exporting and sharing video
Skill Level Beginner
Video Foundations: Cameras and Shootingwith Anthony Q. Artis2h 58m Appropriate for all
1. Camera, Sound, and Lighting Setup
2. Importing and Organizing Footage
3. Editing and Transitions
4. Titles and Motion Graphics
5. Output and Sharing
Exporting your video4m 20s
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.