In this video, learn how to create easy transitions between clips and scenes.
- [Instructor] Sometimes you might want to do…something fancier than a simple cut…from one shot to the next.…This might be fading to black at the end of your project…or dissolving from one location to another.…Or perhaps even using more elaborate wipes and animations.…These are all called transitions.…Hitfilm has numerous transitions built in,…which are very easy to use.…To find them, you need to switch to the Effects panel.…As long as you're still using the default interface layout,…take a look next to the Media panel's title.…
You'll see that there are other tabs,…just like when you're using a web browser.…One of these is called Effects.…Click its title to switch to it.…In here, you'll find a load of folders…containing all kinds of exciting and tempting things.…By all means, explore as many of these as you want.…But right now, scroll down until you find…the Transitions Video folder.…Click the little triangle to open it up.…Inside, you'll find another bunch of sub-folders.…All transitions work in the same way,…
- Getting started with HitFilm Express
- Setting up a camera and lighting
- Making a shooting checklist
- Shooting on a green screen
- Transferring from camera to computer
- Converting video formats
- Importing videos into HitFilm
- Using essential editing techniques
- Using multiple tracks
- Making color corrections
- Working with keyframes and composite shots
- Creating titles and lower-third captions
- Exporting and sharing video
Skill Level Beginner
Video Foundations: Cameras and Shootingwith Anthony Q. Artis2h 58m Appropriate for all
1. Camera, Sound, and Lighting Setup
2. Importing and Organizing Footage
3. Editing and Transitions
4. Titles and Motion Graphics
5. Output and Sharing
Exporting your video4m 20s
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.