In this video, learn how to use multiple tracks to add logos, titles, and other elements.
- Until now we've only been using a…single track on the editor timeline.…In fact, unless you've been exploring on your own,…you might not have even realized that…HitFilm can do multiple tracks.…Quite unusual for a free editor…to be a full multi-track editor.…But what this does is give you a huge amount…of control and flexibility in how you approach your edit.…To demonstrate, here I have a project with a couple…of videos and an image waiting in the media browser.…I drop one of the video clips straight onto the timeline.…You can follow along with your own clips if you want.…These techniques are not specific to these particular clips.…
The image I have imported here is a simple logo,…exactly the kind of thing you would want to have,…perhaps, in the corner of your video.…This is incredibly simple to do in a multi-track editor.…If I drag the image onto the timeline…and drop it just above the video clip,…it will automatically create a second track.…Instantly, I have the logo on top of the video,…albeit in the wrong place.…
- Getting started with HitFilm Express
- Setting up a camera and lighting
- Making a shooting checklist
- Shooting on a green screen
- Transferring from camera to computer
- Converting video formats
- Importing videos into HitFilm
- Using essential editing techniques
- Using multiple tracks
- Making color corrections
- Working with keyframes and composite shots
- Creating titles and lower-third captions
- Exporting and sharing video
Skill Level Beginner
Video Foundations: Cameras and Shootingwith Anthony Q. Artis2h 58m Appropriate for all
1. Camera, Sound, and Lighting Setup
2. Importing and Organizing Footage
3. Editing and Transitions
4. Titles and Motion Graphics
5. Output and Sharing
Exporting your video4m 20s
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.