In this video, learn about the importance of backing up and the challenge of storing all that video data.
- It's important to note right now that you're probably…going to need a bigger hard drive.…Perhaps the main technical challenge with video editing…is simply having enough space on your computer…to store all of the files.…This varies from project to project, of course,…with some requiring more than others.…- [Narrator] Most office computers are spec'd out to be…suitable for standard office work.…This tends to mean relatively small hard drives.…The hard drive being the small, brick-like device…inside the case which stores all of your…files, videos, images, music, et cetera.…
- If you do need more storage space,…you've go a few options.…If you have the knowledge, or you've got access…to a good IT department, you can get them to…put in a new, bigger hard drive.…Or even swap out your current one for a larger one.…But if you're doing it yourself, an easier option is…probably to get a new external hard drive.…- [Narrator] These can simply sit on your desk and be…plugged in. That's all there is to it.…- If you are investing in a new hard drive,…
- Getting started with HitFilm Express
- Setting up a camera and lighting
- Making a shooting checklist
- Shooting on a green screen
- Transferring from camera to computer
- Converting video formats
- Importing videos into HitFilm
- Using essential editing techniques
- Using multiple tracks
- Making color corrections
- Working with keyframes and composite shots
- Creating titles and lower-third captions
- Exporting and sharing video
Skill Level Beginner
Video Foundations: Cameras and Shootingwith Anthony Q. Artis2h 58m Appropriate for all
1. Camera, Sound, and Lighting Setup
2. Importing and Organizing Footage
3. Editing and Transitions
4. Titles and Motion Graphics
5. Output and Sharing
Exporting your video4m 20s
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.