In this video, learn how to get started with HitFilm Express.
- [Instructor] By now you should have a fully installed…and activated version of HitFilm Express on your system.…Let's dive into your first project.…After starting HitFilm,…you'll be presented with this,…the home screen.…This gives you quick access to your previous projects,…as well as links to other training material.…There's various add-on packs you can investigate…at a later date,…but none of these are needed for the rest of this course,…or indeed for carrying out standard video editing.…So from here,…click the New button to begin.…
You'll be taken over to the Project screen,…which is where you tell HitFilm…what kind of thing you're going to be working on.…You can come back here…and change these settings at any point,…so don't worry if you're not 100% sure…about everything just yet.…This process is made considerably easier…if you use the presets.…These will set up your project…to suit pretty much any common format you could want.…Chances are you've been shooting 1080p video on your camera,…so take a look at the 1080p presets…
- Getting started with HitFilm Express
- Setting up a camera and lighting
- Making a shooting checklist
- Shooting on a green screen
- Transferring from camera to computer
- Converting video formats
- Importing videos into HitFilm
- Using essential editing techniques
- Using multiple tracks
- Making color corrections
- Working with keyframes and composite shots
- Creating titles and lower-third captions
- Exporting and sharing video
Skill Level Beginner
Video Foundations: Cameras and Shootingwith Anthony Q. Artis2h 58m Appropriate for all
1. Camera, Sound, and Lighting Setup
2. Importing and Organizing Footage
3. Editing and Transitions
4. Titles and Motion Graphics
5. Output and Sharing
Exporting your video4m 20s
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.