In this video, learn about different microphone types and how to get good audio results.
- Sound is more important than you might think.…People will actually put up with slightly…sub-par visuals, but bad sound will make…them turn off straight away, so it is worth…investing in a microphone.…Now of course, there are many types of microphone…at every price point you could possibly imagine.…You might be wondering why you need one,…because your camera probably already has…an on-board microphone, but the problem with it,…aside from the fact that on-board mics…are just not very good quite a lot of the time,…is that it's built into the case,…and by being on the case, it means…that any time you're making any adjustment on settings,…or focusing on the lens, or anything like that,…it's going to pick up that operator noise,…and that can be extremely distracting…and destroy your entire soundtrack.…
Whereas, if you're using an external microphone,…it will be separated from the case,…at least partially, immediately getting you…much better results.…Sometimes you'll strap a microphone directly…onto the camera, the microphone's sending audio…
- Getting started with HitFilm Express
- Setting up a camera and lighting
- Making a shooting checklist
- Shooting on a green screen
- Transferring from camera to computer
- Converting video formats
- Importing videos into HitFilm
- Using essential editing techniques
- Using multiple tracks
- Making color corrections
- Working with keyframes and composite shots
- Creating titles and lower-third captions
- Exporting and sharing video
Skill Level Beginner
Video Foundations: Cameras and Shootingwith Anthony Q. Artis2h 58m Appropriate for all
1. Camera, Sound, and Lighting Setup
2. Importing and Organizing Footage
3. Editing and Transitions
4. Titles and Motion Graphics
5. Output and Sharing
Exporting your video4m 20s
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.