In this video, learn how HitFilm Express can be used to create visual effects shots and titles.
- [Instructor] Here I have a brand-new empty project.…You know all about the editor timeline of course.…But this time, let's do something a little different.…In the Media panel, click the New button.…Then select Composite Shot.…This opens up a window with lots of options,…most of which are quite similar to the ones you'd choose…when starting a new project.…I'm going to change the name to Example,…then select the 1080p Full HD…@ 25 frames per second template.…Feel free to choose the template that best matches…the kind of footage and projects…that you're going to be working on.…
Leave all the other settings as they are…and hit the OK button.…Take a look.…We now have a completely new timeline.…You can swap back to the editor timeline whenever you want…by clicking the Editor tab.…You can create as many of these composite shots as you want.…So being able to switch between them using tabs…like in a web browser is really useful.…So what is a composite shot?…They are not the same as the editor timeline.…Whereas the editor timeline is designed…
- Getting started with HitFilm Express
- Setting up a camera and lighting
- Making a shooting checklist
- Shooting on a green screen
- Transferring from camera to computer
- Converting video formats
- Importing videos into HitFilm
- Using essential editing techniques
- Using multiple tracks
- Making color corrections
- Working with keyframes and composite shots
- Creating titles and lower-third captions
- Exporting and sharing video
Skill Level Beginner
Video Foundations: Cameras and Shootingwith Anthony Q. Artis2h 58m Appropriate for all
1. Camera, Sound, and Lighting Setup
2. Importing and Organizing Footage
3. Editing and Transitions
4. Titles and Motion Graphics
5. Output and Sharing
Exporting your video4m 20s
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.