This video helps with finding your way around the HitFilm Express interface.
- [Lecturer] So by now you've got HitFilm installed…and you've started your first project.…This is great news, let's dig into the interface…so that you can start to figure your way around.…If you have any experience with other…professional editing software,…a lot of this will be quite familiar.…If you're coming from something more basic…then there will be some adjusting to do.…And if you're completely new to this thing,…don't worry, we're going to be going one step at a time.…HitFilm's interface is split into numerous panels.…Each panel contains something useful…which will help you with your video editing.…
So that I can demonstrate what everything does,…I'm going to import a couple of videos that I shot earlier.…I'll go into exactly how to do this in more detail later on…but for now I'm just going to drag two video files…from this folder and drop them into this panel…down in the bottom left corner.…This is called the media panel and it's where…where all image, video, and audio files will be found.…When you start a new project…
- Getting started with HitFilm Express
- Setting up a camera and lighting
- Making a shooting checklist
- Shooting on a green screen
- Transferring from camera to computer
- Converting video formats
- Importing videos into HitFilm
- Using essential editing techniques
- Using multiple tracks
- Making color corrections
- Working with keyframes and composite shots
- Creating titles and lower-third captions
- Exporting and sharing video
Skill Level Beginner
Video Foundations: Cameras and Shootingwith Anthony Q. Artis2h 58m Appropriate for all
1. Camera, Sound, and Lighting Setup
2. Importing and Organizing Footage
3. Editing and Transitions
4. Titles and Motion Graphics
5. Output and Sharing
Exporting your video4m 20s
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.