In this video, learn how to download and install the HitFilm Express free video editing software.
- Throughout the rest of this course we're going to be using a software called HitFilm Express. Now this is a free video editor but it comes with a ton of advanced functionality. It's very easy to use, but as you dig deeper into it you're going to find it can do a lot more than you might expect. There's also a pro version of the software. And, of course, there are many alternatives at all kinds of price points. Do feel free to use whatever you find comfortable as most of the techniques I'm covering in this course apply to all good video editors. However, if you are just starting out then HitFilm Express is a really superb way to learn.
To get it head over to HitFilm.com/express. They have a variety of sample projects and examples here. But it doesn't matter which one you choose. Just go for whatever takes your interest. Once you've selected one then hit the get HitFilm Express free bar at the bottom of the screen and follow the instructions. Don't worry about the social share request. That's actually entirely optional. And you can just click one of the buttons and ignore it and go straight to the download buttons. But, actually, spreading the word might, in fact, help other ambitious creatives like yourself find out about cool software.
But, anyway, it's up to you. Create your account then follow the instructions to get your download. After installing the software, the first time you launch it you'll be asked to login using the same details you used when signing up. The software will then be fully activated and you're good to go.
- Getting started with HitFilm Express
- Setting up a camera and lighting
- Making a shooting checklist
- Shooting on a green screen
- Transferring from camera to computer
- Converting video formats
- Importing videos into HitFilm
- Using essential editing techniques
- Using multiple tracks
- Making color corrections
- Working with keyframes and composite shots
- Creating titles and lower-third captions
- Exporting and sharing video