In this video, learn how to download and install the HitFilm Express free video editing software.
- Throughout the rest of this course…we're going to be using a software called HitFilm Express.…Now this is a free video editor…but it comes with a ton of advanced functionality.…It's very easy to use,…but as you dig deeper into it you're going to find…it can do a lot more than you might expect.…There's also a pro version of the software.…And, of course, there are many alternatives…at all kinds of price points.…Do feel free to use whatever you find comfortable…as most of the techniques I'm covering in this course…apply to all good video editors.…However, if you are just starting out…then HitFilm Express is a really superb way…to learn.…
To get it head over to HitFilm.com/express.…They have a variety of sample projects and examples here.…But it doesn't matter which one you choose.…Just go for whatever takes your interest.…Once you've selected one then hit the…get HitFilm Express free bar at the bottom of the screen…and follow the instructions.…Don't worry about the social share request.…That's actually entirely optional.…
- Getting started with HitFilm Express
- Setting up a camera and lighting
- Making a shooting checklist
- Shooting on a green screen
- Transferring from camera to computer
- Converting video formats
- Importing videos into HitFilm
- Using essential editing techniques
- Using multiple tracks
- Making color corrections
- Working with keyframes and composite shots
- Creating titles and lower-third captions
- Exporting and sharing video
Skill Level Beginner
Video Foundations: Cameras and Shootingwith Anthony Q. Artis2h 58m Appropriate for all
1. Camera, Sound, and Lighting Setup
2. Importing and Organizing Footage
3. Editing and Transitions
4. Titles and Motion Graphics
5. Output and Sharing
Exporting your video4m 20s
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.