In this video, learn how to bring your media files into HitFilm Express.
- [Instructor] When you start a new project in HitFilm,…or indeed any video editor,…you'll initially be faced with…a completely empty timeline and media panel.…That means that the first thing you'll be doing…is bringing in your media, which includes all video, audio,…and image files related to the project.…There are multiple ways to import files into HitFilm.…You can click the Import button…to navigate around your computer's folder structure…to find the files.…You can choose the same option by right-clicking…anywhere in the media list and choosing Import Media.…
After selecting the files you want,…you can simply click Open,…and they'll be imported into the media panel.…If you already have a folder open…on your screen containing the files,…sometimes a more convenient way to import them…is to simply drag them from that folder window…onto the media panel.…There are other advanced import options that you can access…by clicking the arrow next to the button,…but you won't be needing to use those during this course.…
- Getting started with HitFilm Express
- Setting up a camera and lighting
- Making a shooting checklist
- Shooting on a green screen
- Transferring from camera to computer
- Converting video formats
- Importing videos into HitFilm
- Using essential editing techniques
- Using multiple tracks
- Making color corrections
- Working with keyframes and composite shots
- Creating titles and lower-third captions
- Exporting and sharing video
Skill Level Beginner
Video Foundations: Cameras and Shootingwith Anthony Q. Artis2h 58m Appropriate for all
1. Camera, Sound, and Lighting Setup
2. Importing and Organizing Footage
3. Editing and Transitions
4. Titles and Motion Graphics
5. Output and Sharing
Exporting your video4m 20s
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.