In this video, learn what to do with green screen video after you've shot it.
- We covered setting up and shooting on a green screen…in an earlier chapter.…It's now time to take a look at what you can do…once you get that footage into HitFilm.…Don't worry if you don't have your own green screen clips,…because you can download some to play around with.…Here I am in HitFilm, with a green screen video imported…into the media panel.…I'll drop that video onto the timeline.…The entire point of shooting on green screen…is that it makes it easy to cut out your subject.…Instead of you having to manually cut around…somebody or something,…instead, you get the computer to do it for you.…
By shooting against a green screen,…the computer is given…an easily-recognizable background to isolate.…So far in the course, we've only used the effects panel…to find transitions during editing.…This time around, we're going to have a go…at some real visual effects.…Find the keying folder in the effects panel and open it up.…Inside, you'll find an effect called color difference key.…As a note, remember that you can type into the search box…
- Getting started with HitFilm Express
- Setting up a camera and lighting
- Making a shooting checklist
- Shooting on a green screen
- Transferring from camera to computer
- Converting video formats
- Importing videos into HitFilm
- Using essential editing techniques
- Using multiple tracks
- Making color corrections
- Working with keyframes and composite shots
- Creating titles and lower-third captions
- Exporting and sharing video
Skill Level Beginner
Video Foundations: Cameras and Shootingwith Anthony Q. Artis2h 58m Appropriate for all
1. Camera, Sound, and Lighting Setup
2. Importing and Organizing Footage
3. Editing and Transitions
4. Titles and Motion Graphics
5. Output and Sharing
Exporting your video4m 20s
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.