In this video, learn how to take screenshots and use them in HitFilm Express.
- So if you're making video projects for work,…chances are you're going to need to incorporate…some elements from other software,…maybe spreadsheets from Excel or a Gantt chart…from some project management software.…Now sometimes programs will be able to…export an image of their content,…but often they don't, so if that's the case,…what can you do?…The good news is that both Macs and PCs…have the ability to take really easy screenshots.…On Windows, there's a program called Snipping Tool,…you'll find it if you open your start menu…and search for it.…
You can then choose to grab the whole screen,…or a specific program or section of the screen.…On Mac, you just need to press shift command three,…to grab an image of the whole screen,…or shift command four, to select an area…of the screen.…You'll then have a new PNG image you…can use inside film.…When grabbing screenshots, there's a few…simple tips to remember.…First, make sure your screen is running…at a decent resolution.…If you're creating a 1080p video project,…that means you need your image to be 1920 by 1080 as well,…
- Getting started with HitFilm Express
- Setting up a camera and lighting
- Making a shooting checklist
- Shooting on a green screen
- Transferring from camera to computer
- Converting video formats
- Importing videos into HitFilm
- Using essential editing techniques
- Using multiple tracks
- Making color corrections
- Working with keyframes and composite shots
- Creating titles and lower-third captions
- Exporting and sharing video
Skill Level Beginner
Video Foundations: Cameras and Shootingwith Anthony Q. Artis2h 58m Appropriate for all
1. Camera, Sound, and Lighting Setup
2. Importing and Organizing Footage
3. Editing and Transitions
4. Titles and Motion Graphics
5. Output and Sharing
Exporting your video4m 20s
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.