In this video, learn how to create a new video file from your HitFilm project.
- Thus far we've covered how to save your projects,…but that means that it only exists inside HitFilm.…It's not much use if you want to show it to other people.…So this chapter is all about how to export your project…to a new video file…that anybody can watch on any computer.…Here I have a sample project to use as an example.…Hopefully you've got some projects of your own by this point…to test out the export features of HitFilm.…On the timeline,…you'll find a couple of small film reel icons…down at the bottom left.…
Most of the time we'll use the top one,…which is called Export Content.…This will simply export everything that is on your timeline.…The other button is for exporting a specific section…of the timeline,…which can be useful if you want to just do a small test.…To define the section,…you can move the play head…to the start of the area you want,…then press the Set In Point button on the viewer.…Move the play head to the end of the area…and click the Set Out Point button.…This then defines the section to be exported.…
- Getting started with HitFilm Express
- Setting up a camera and lighting
- Making a shooting checklist
- Shooting on a green screen
- Transferring from camera to computer
- Converting video formats
- Importing videos into HitFilm
- Using essential editing techniques
- Using multiple tracks
- Making color corrections
- Working with keyframes and composite shots
- Creating titles and lower-third captions
- Exporting and sharing video
Skill Level Beginner
Video Foundations: Cameras and Shootingwith Anthony Q. Artis2h 58m Appropriate for all
1. Camera, Sound, and Lighting Setup
2. Importing and Organizing Footage
3. Editing and Transitions
4. Titles and Motion Graphics
5. Output and Sharing
Exporting your video4m 20s
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.