Explore how to combine multiple effects in HitFilm Express to create unique results in this video.
- In the previous chapter…we took a look at at working with green screen…and how to add effects to your video clips.…I'd recommend you watch that chapter before this one.…There are over 190 items in the…HitFilm Express effects panel.…Although some of these are preset combinations,…the point still stands, there's a lot of stuff in here,…especially considering it's the free version…of this software.…In this chapter we're going to look at how…you can combine and mix effects for different results.…With so many effects available…it's not possible to cover them in detail in this course.…
Instead I want to make sure you understand their potential…and how you can work with them.…Once you have that knowledge you'll be able…to experiment yourself, and there's not shortage…of on-line visual effects heavy tutorials…that you can go and find.…Adding effects to a clip is easy,…all you need to do is find the one you want…and then drag it onto the timeline.…I'm going to go to the Lights and Flares folder…and add the light flares effect…
- Getting started with HitFilm Express
- Setting up a camera and lighting
- Making a shooting checklist
- Shooting on a green screen
- Transferring from camera to computer
- Converting video formats
- Importing videos into HitFilm
- Using essential editing techniques
- Using multiple tracks
- Making color corrections
- Working with keyframes and composite shots
- Creating titles and lower-third captions
- Exporting and sharing video
Skill Level Beginner
Video Foundations: Cameras and Shootingwith Anthony Q. Artis2h 58m Appropriate for all
1. Camera, Sound, and Lighting Setup
2. Importing and Organizing Footage
3. Editing and Transitions
4. Titles and Motion Graphics
5. Output and Sharing
Exporting your video4m 20s
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.