Explore the different editing tools available in HitFilm Express in this video.
- Okay, I'd really suggest that you fire up HitFilm,…and follow along directly with this tutorial,…'cause we're finally going to get our hands dirty…down on the editor timeline.…If you have your own clips to be working with, that's great.…If not, we have a ZIP file you can download,…containing a few samples.…If you haven't already, start HitFilm and choose New…from the Home screen.…Choose a preset from the project screen…that suits your files.…If you're using my sample shots,…go for 1080p, full HD, at 25 fps.…Then, click Start Editing.…
You'll now need to import your video files…to the Media panel.…Take a look at the earlier video,…Importing Your Video Files into HitFilm, for details.…I'll drag these clips in, from my folder window.…Now that that there are some clips to play with,…we need to think about what we want to do with them.…If you drag a video from the Media panel…directly onto the timeline,…it'll use the entire duration of that video.…This is rarely what you want to do,…because your clips are likely to have unwanted elements…
- Getting started with HitFilm Express
- Setting up a camera and lighting
- Making a shooting checklist
- Shooting on a green screen
- Transferring from camera to computer
- Converting video formats
- Importing videos into HitFilm
- Using essential editing techniques
- Using multiple tracks
- Making color corrections
- Working with keyframes and composite shots
- Creating titles and lower-third captions
- Exporting and sharing video
Skill Level Beginner
Video Foundations: Cameras and Shootingwith Anthony Q. Artis2h 58m Appropriate for all
1. Camera, Sound, and Lighting Setup
2. Importing and Organizing Footage
3. Editing and Transitions
4. Titles and Motion Graphics
5. Output and Sharing
Exporting your video4m 20s
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.