In this video, learn how to make your videos look even better with simple color adjustments.
- The raw footage that comes off a camera…is rarely what goes straight onto a screen.…Usually, it goes through a process called…color correction or color grading and…HitFilm can do all of this, particularly…when working on minimal budgets…with, perhaps, reduced lighting equipment…and simple cameras, color correction…and color grading can be very, very useful.…- [Narrator] Take a look at this shot of me…for example, this was the green screen shot…I used as an example in an earlier chapter.…Although the green screen has been…successfully removed, I can't help but…notice I look a bit gray and tired.…
While this may be an inevitable…consequence of working in video in England,…the color tools in HitFilm give me a chance…to do something about it and I don't even need…to go outside and spend time in the sun.…Allow me to demonstrate.…In the effects panel, I'm going to find the curves tool.…It is likely to become your new best friend.…I drop it onto the green screen clip on the timeline,…in the controls panel you can see it here,…
- Getting started with HitFilm Express
- Setting up a camera and lighting
- Making a shooting checklist
- Shooting on a green screen
- Transferring from camera to computer
- Converting video formats
- Importing videos into HitFilm
- Using essential editing techniques
- Using multiple tracks
- Making color corrections
- Working with keyframes and composite shots
- Creating titles and lower-third captions
- Exporting and sharing video
Skill Level Beginner
Video Foundations: Cameras and Shootingwith Anthony Q. Artis2h 58m Appropriate for all
1. Camera, Sound, and Lighting Setup
2. Importing and Organizing Footage
3. Editing and Transitions
4. Titles and Motion Graphics
5. Output and Sharing
Exporting your video4m 20s
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.