In this video, learn how to set up a green screen so that you can get good quality results.
- The critical thing when shooting on a green screen…is to get your screen nice and green.…Now this sounds kind of obvious,…but it's actually really easy to get it slightly wrong.…Then cause yourself all kinds of pain down the line.…However the good thing is you can make a green screen…out of all sorts of kinds of materials paper, paint,…fabric all fine the important thing is you want to have it…as a matte surface and nothing shiny or reflective…and you want no surface texture, avoid wrinkles and creases.…So theoretically you want…to go for a green called chromo green.…
But really as long as you get a deep, saturated, strong…green that is not too dark and not too light,…you should be fine.…If you search on the internet for fabric green screens…you can pick up some pretty cheap ones.…Just make sure you have a way of hanging it once it arrives.…First make sure you have as much distance…between the screen and your subject as possible.…Keep them far apart and you won't end up with…awkward shadows casting onto the green screen.…
- Getting started with HitFilm Express
- Setting up a camera and lighting
- Making a shooting checklist
- Shooting on a green screen
- Transferring from camera to computer
- Converting video formats
- Importing videos into HitFilm
- Using essential editing techniques
- Using multiple tracks
- Making color corrections
- Working with keyframes and composite shots
- Creating titles and lower-third captions
- Exporting and sharing video
Skill Level Beginner
Video Foundations: Cameras and Shootingwith Anthony Q. Artis2h 58m Appropriate for all
1. Camera, Sound, and Lighting Setup
2. Importing and Organizing Footage
3. Editing and Transitions
4. Titles and Motion Graphics
5. Output and Sharing
Exporting your video4m 20s
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.