In this video, learn how to create your first exciting title.
- Almost all projects will require…some kind of titling at some point.…Now there are so many different ways of doing titles,…and so many different styles,…that we can't cover all of it in this course.…So what this lesson is going to do…is take a look at one simple example…of how to do a title in HitFilm.…What I hope you'll do is take some of these techniques,…then apply it to your own ideas.…There's a project file you can download…if you want to pull apart what I've made,…but I am going to go through this entire process from scratch…if you want to follow along.…To start with, here I am on the HitFilm home screen.…
I'll create a new project, choose a 1080p template,…and then click start compositing.…This would automatically create the composite shot,…as well as the editor timeline,…which is a handy shortcut if you're focusing initially…on visual effects or titling work.…To start with, let's add some text.…To do this, you can use the text tool,…which you'll find up in the viewer.…With it selected, you can then drag out a box…
- Getting started with HitFilm Express
- Setting up a camera and lighting
- Making a shooting checklist
- Shooting on a green screen
- Transferring from camera to computer
- Converting video formats
- Importing videos into HitFilm
- Using essential editing techniques
- Using multiple tracks
- Making color corrections
- Working with keyframes and composite shots
- Creating titles and lower-third captions
- Exporting and sharing video
Skill Level Beginner
Video Foundations: Cameras and Shootingwith Anthony Q. Artis2h 58m Appropriate for all
1. Camera, Sound, and Lighting Setup
2. Importing and Organizing Footage
3. Editing and Transitions
4. Titles and Motion Graphics
5. Output and Sharing
Exporting your video4m 20s
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.