In this video, learn what to do if you have awkward or old video files.
- Most modern computers can handle video files…pretty effectively,…but occasionally you might run into some weird formats…that don't perform very well,…particularly if you're working with old archival footage.…The good news is there's a free bit of software…on both Mac and PC…which can convert pretty much anything you throw at it…into something more useful.…It's called Handbrake,…and you can download it from the website…on the screen right now.…Now, it has full documentation,…but in terms of just the essentials…of what you need to know,…here's how you use it.…After downloading and starting the software,…drag the troublesome video file…into the Handbrake interface.…
This will set it as the source.…You'll then want to check out the list of presets…on the right…and choose one that fits your needs.…Aim for something which fits your intended resolution…and frame rate.…If you're in the US, for example,…one of the 1080p 30 presets will be a good starting point.…In the Destination field,…you'll then need to specify…what you want the newly converted video file to be called.…
- Getting started with HitFilm Express
- Setting up a camera and lighting
- Making a shooting checklist
- Shooting on a green screen
- Transferring from camera to computer
- Converting video formats
- Importing videos into HitFilm
- Using essential editing techniques
- Using multiple tracks
- Making color corrections
- Working with keyframes and composite shots
- Creating titles and lower-third captions
- Exporting and sharing video
Skill Level Beginner
Video Foundations: Cameras and Shootingwith Anthony Q. Artis2h 58m Appropriate for all
1. Camera, Sound, and Lighting Setup
2. Importing and Organizing Footage
3. Editing and Transitions
4. Titles and Motion Graphics
5. Output and Sharing
Exporting your video4m 20s
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.