Learners will be able to verbally articulate the differences between learning objectives and other types of educational and business goals.This video describes the various nomenclature of learning objectives: performance objectives, behavioral objectives, terminal objectives, task objectives, and compares them with non-objectives like agendas, topic lists, and course descriptions.
- A learning objective is a statement…of what learners will exhibit by the end of a lesson.…It's a statement that describes what they will learn,…by when, to what degree,…and under which conditions.…For example, by the end of this lesson…the learner will complete a 1,000 piece…jigsaw puzzle with 100% accuracy,…in under one hour, while blindfolded.…You may have also heard alternative nomenclature,…such as behavioral objectives or performance objectives.…These kinds of objectives are similar to…learning objectives, but not quite the same.…
They're more in the realm of psychology.…The definitions are not hard and fast here.…They're sort of a spectrum of objectives.…So keep things simple.…In this course, I'm going to focus exclusively…on the term learning objectives.…There are other terms that people sometimes use…in place of learning objectives, even though they're…not really about learning.…For example, there are agendas, course descriptions,…and business goals.…When you see an agenda, you typically…see things like start and stop times,…
- Defining and structuring a learning objective
- Understanding the value of learning objectives
- Adopting learning objective theory
- Rewriting weak learning objectives
- Customizing learning objectives
- Creating learning objectives for new and existing material
- Analyzing courses for learning objectives
- Aligning assessments with learning objectives
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Learning Objectives
Begin with the end in mind2m 12s
2. Learning Objective Theory
3. Create and Customize Learning Objectives
4. Align Assessments with Learning Objectives
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.