- The link system for memory is given its name…because it requires you to link one item to another,…creating links in a memory chain.…Each item should link you to the next…if you're associating it properly.…The link system is most useful for…remembering things in a sequence.…There are many things that need…to be remembered in sequence.…A speech, for example, or maybe an eight step process…you need to remember for a test,…or maybe nine things you need to do in a specific order.…Let's try out an example.…Here's a list of items we're going…to memorize using the link system.…
We start by creating our first link.…As you can see the first two words…on our list are pen and shoe.…We have to link pen and shoe together in a visual manner.…Most importantly, the image we create…in our mind must be exaggerated.…We already discussed why exaggeration…is important in earlier lessons,…so we need to make sure we implement it here.…For the purpose of this exercise imagine…that you're wearing gigantic pens instead of shoes.…Picture how they would look on your feet.…
- Learning to read faster and more thoroughly
- Improving your note-taking skills
- Enhancing your memory
- Memorizing new words and formulas
- Scoring better on tests
- Creating study plans
Skill Level Beginner
1. Ramp Up Your Reading
2. Improve Your Note-Taking Skills
3. Techniques for Enhancing Your Memory
4. Score Better on Tests
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.