- You've gathered your team,…you've written a first draft of the grant application,…but how do you make your grant stand out?…How do you make it shine?…One way is to avoid common grant writing mistakes.…It's easy to make writing mistakes…when you have a large team writing the document…and you are scrambling just to get the content…within the required maximum number of pages.…So having enough time allocated to writing the grant is…one of the most crucial steps in avoiding writing mistakes.…
Without time, even the best writers make dumb mistakes.…Craft a timeline to ensure you have plenty of writing time.…Make a mini milestone to continually check your progress.…Keep in mind that to write clearly and succinctly,…you need time.…Planning ahead will allow you…to create a document that is worth reading.…So let's assume you've avoided the first mistake…by allocating enough time to the writing and review process.…Now let's look at some other common mistakes…that can easily be avoided in the grant writing process.…
An often overlooked mistake is…
- Finding a private or governmental funding agency
- Locating collaborators
- Understanding an RFP
- Dissecting the anatomy of a grant proposal: front matter to appendices
- Avoiding common grant-writing mistakes
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Before You Start Writing
2. Understanding the Request for Proposal (RFP)/Solicitation
Parts of the RFP6m 22s
3. Anatomy of a Grant Proposal
4. Common Mistakes
Next steps1m 34s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.