Join John-Paul Ballard for an in-depth discussion in this video Who is this course for?, part of Teaching Techniques: Writing Effective Learning Objectives.
- This course has no prerequisites. It's designed for anyone who plans to create a course, teach a course, edit curriculum, or design instruction. So, this course is perfect for instructors, teachers, Instructional Designers, and even School Administrators. But, you don't have to be one of these. Anyone interested in content creation will get value from this course. Have you ever taken a course where you're not sure what the instructor's trying to convey? Perhaps, it's an interesting course.
But, you're left wondering, why are we talking about the history of pottery? This is a biology class, right? Or perhaps, you've been in a class where the overall message was clear, but you're wondering, why am I here? What am I supposed to do with this information? Well, this course will help you avoid those kinds of disconnects. The goal is to help you produce curriculum that is clearer, more focused, more engaging, and most importantly, more educationally effective.
- Defining and structuring a learning objective
- Understanding the value of learning objectives
- Adopting learning objective theory
- Rewriting weak learning objectives
- Customizing learning objectives
- Creating learning objectives for new and existing material
- Analyzing courses for learning objectives
- Aligning assessments with learning objectives