Learners will be able to distinguish between well-written and poorly-written learning objectives.
- What makes a learning objective effective?…There's a lot of theory and practical knowledge…around why and how to make…a learning objective effective.…But, what's really important is that your…learning objectives are specific and measurable.…To be effective, a learning objective tells learners…what they are expected to be able to do…by when, under what conditions,…and to what degree of precision.…Aside from the formatting specifics…of learning objectives,…what's important is it is learner-focused,…that it takes the learner's point of view…into consideration.…
Learning objectives should come…from asking questions such as,…what do I want to learn?…What do I not understand?…What do I need to know before I can…move forward to the next level of understanding?…
- Defining and structuring a learning objective
- Understanding the value of learning objectives
- Adopting learning objective theory
- Rewriting weak learning objectives
- Customizing learning objectives
- Creating learning objectives for new and existing material
- Analyzing courses for learning objectives
- Aligning assessments with learning objectives
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Learning Objectives
Begin with the end in mind2m 12s
2. Learning Objective Theory
3. Create and Customize Learning Objectives
4. Align Assessments with Learning Objectives
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.