Join Jeff Toister for an in-depth discussion in this video What to know before watching this course, part of Instructional Design: Needs Analysis.
There are a few things I'd like to share to help you get the most out of this course. The overall course is based on training industry standards developed by the Association for Talent Development. This organization used to be known as the American Society for Training and Development, or ASTD, until it changed it's name in May of 2014. Many of the videos in this course contain specific activities to help you apply these standards on the job. To help you complete these activities, I've included exercise files that are available for all lynda.com members to use.
The exercise files include templates and resources that I'll reference throughout the course.
- Setting project objectives
- Identifying the target audience for training
- Selecting data sources
- Facilitating focus groups and interviews
- Designing effective surveys
- Identifying participant needs
- Defining learning outcomes
- Presenting results to project sponsors