Learners will be able to describe a scenario and its outcome in which learning objectives are not used. LOs are shown to be valuable by examining what happens when there are no learning objectives in a course, class materials, eLearning, webinar, or blended learning solution.
- You might be saying I've taken courses before…that had no learning objectives…and they were great. Okay. True enough.…I've been through courses without…learning objectives too and…some of them were excellent.…So what happens if we don't use…learning objectives?…Well, let me tell you a story.…I once had a college professor…in a linguistics course who didn't…have a syllabus, nor an agenda,…nor a selected book.…He would just show up and start talking.…He was brilliant. He welcomed questions…and our class discussions took any…and every possible direction.…
It was truly free-form and we had…no idea what we were supposed to learn.…But I believe we learned some valuable things.…I know I did. I got an A in the class,…although I have no idea for what…since there were no exams.…Let me ask you this: could that professor…have had that same course, in his same…brilliant manner if he would have had…stated learning objectives?…I would say yes. He certainly could.…One of his learning objectives might…be something like this: by the end…
- Defining and structuring a learning objective
- Understanding the value of learning objectives
- Adopting learning objective theory
- Rewriting weak learning objectives
- Customizing learning objectives
- Creating learning objectives for new and existing material
- Analyzing courses for learning objectives
- Aligning assessments with learning objectives
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Learning Objectives
Begin with the end in mind2m 12s
2. Learning Objective Theory
3. Create and Customize Learning Objectives
4. Align Assessments with Learning Objectives
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.