As an educator, it is important to ensure that access to learning resources and opportunities is accessible to all students in your class. Some students may not be able to access resources due to a disability, lack of digital access, or other reason. In these situations, it is important to determine the necessary accommodations that help to remove any obstacles.
- [Voiceover] As educators, we strive to help people learn.…We share information, create resources,…give feedback, and a lot more.…In the digital age, with all the technology and innovation,…we have access to more information, more gadgets,…and more learning opportunities than ever before.…But not all students are able…to access these resources or opportunities.…This could be because of a disability, an impairment,…a lack of access to technology,…a language barrier, or other reasons.…Helping these students to overcome the obstacles…and empower them to have access…to the same learning opportunities as others…is what is meant by making learning accessible.…
Now, some students will receive additional support…through special education.…Often, they'll have individualized education plans…that help lay out the support that they need…to be successful.…It's important to work together with any support staff…or special education professionals…in order to help accommodate each student's learning needs.…Other students may have a disability or impairment…
- What is accessible learning?
- Accommodating different needs, from vision impairments to lack of digital access
- Adapting presentations, responses, and timing
- Using an LMS to make learning more accessible
- Adding alt text to images
- Adding closed captioning to videos