By the end of this lesson, you will be able to describe the circular design and iterative improvement afforded by aligning course assessment and learning objectives. This visual illustration graphically shows students the lifecycle of curriculum development--from learning objectives, to class content, to course assessments.
- Aligning your course learning objectives…gives you multiple advantages.…A clear connection for the learner,…a metric for you to pinpoint what's working…and not working…and a starting point for creating new courses.…There's a correlation between all of these elements.…I'll try to visualize this for you.…So here we have the learner and the content creator,…who is generally the instructor,…the learning objectives, the course assessment…and the course content.…From the perspective of the learner,…they want to know what's in it for them.…
They also want to know how they'll be measured…on their progress in the course.…From the perspective of the content creator,…did the learner successfully learn?…Which parts of the course, if any,…did they have trouble with?…Which parts of the course worked well?…Is the content clear and concise…and does it convey the intended knowledge?…Where do the learning objectives fit in?…They help the instructor focus the course content…on the expected outcomes.…They orient the learner to the expectations…
- Defining and structuring a learning objective
- Understanding the value of learning objectives
- Adopting learning objective theory
- Rewriting weak learning objectives
- Customizing learning objectives
- Creating learning objectives for new and existing material
- Analyzing courses for learning objectives
- Aligning assessments with learning objectives
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Learning Objectives
Begin with the end in mind2m 12s
2. Learning Objective Theory
3. Create and Customize Learning Objectives
4. Align Assessments with Learning Objectives
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.