Join Elsa Loftis for an in-depth discussion in this video Visual resources, part of Information Literacy.
- Let's talk about Visual Resources.…First, what are Visual Resources?…Well, as you might imagine Visual Resources are…a collection of images, which may be in print form,…but are increasingly available in digital formats today.…They may be found in various types of environments,…ranging from libraries and cultural institutions…to educational departments and commercial enterprises.…To look back in time for a moment, there was a time when…Visual Resource collections may have consisted…of photographic print files, 35 millimeter slides,…collections of drawings or topically arranged picture…or clipping files.…
Fast forward to today and many but not all of those…collections may be available in digital format…and may be searched in databases or other online tools.…Searching for images is a little bit trickier than…searching for books or more traditional library formats.…You may have experienced some of the pains.…The results you get for your image searches…really depends on the level of detail used…to describe the image, which can range from…
Artist or designer? Elsa explains how creative professionals can use informational searches for inspiration and professional development. Whatever your background, this course is designed to help you become a better, faster, and more thorough researcher.
- Understanding the information cycle
- Working with books, periodicals, databases, and web resources
- Identifying your information needs
- Choosing search terms
- Evaluating resources
- Citing sources
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Classroom Management Fundamentalswith Aaron Quigley52m 41s Beginner
Learning Management System (LMS) Fundamentalswith Aaron Quigley41m 44s Appropriate for all
Project-Based Learning: STEM to STEAMwith Dos Pueblos Engineering Academy2h 48m Appropriate for all
1. Types of Resources
2. Search Strategies
3. Resource Evaluation
4. Ethical Use of Information
6. Information Literacy for Art and Design
Next steps1m 36s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.