- Have you ever had a song get stuck in your head?…How about this one.…♫ A-B-C-D-E-F-G ♫…You know this song,…and it helped you remember the alphabet.…You learned the alphabet as a song,…because it's easier that way.…In fact, research shows that text associated with music…is easier to remember as a song than as speech.…For example, a study published in…The Journal of Memory and Cognition…showed that people learned a new language more effectively…when they sang the words rather than speaking them.…Keep in mind that some of the world's…greatest works of literature,…such as the Odyssey and the Iliad,…were originally read aloud as songs.…
So why is it that songs are so easy to remember?…Much of it has to do with repetition.…If the song was popular at the time,…we heard it over and over again.…But aside from that, songs have all sorts of repetition…embedded within them.…The beat or melody repeats.…The chorus or hook repeats.…All of this repetition makes it very easy…for songs to be memorable.…Additionally, songs can sometimes be associated with…
- Learning to read faster and more thoroughly
- Improving your note-taking skills
- Enhancing your memory
- Memorizing new words and formulas
- Scoring better on tests
- Creating study plans
Skill Level Beginner
1. Ramp Up Your Reading
2. Improve Your Note-Taking Skills
3. Techniques for Enhancing Your Memory
4. Score Better on Tests
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.