- Have you ever heard the phrase…a picture is worth a thousand words?…In this video we'll introduce the power of pictures…and how they can affect your memory.…So let's discuss why visual information,…like pictures, are so easy to remember.…Have you ever forgotten someone's name? We all have.…But what if you ran into that person later in the week…or later in the month, you'd probably…remember their face, right?…You might forget their name, but…you very easily remember their face.…Why is that?…It's because the human brain remembers…visual information much better than abstract information.…
A face is very visual, you can picture it in your mind,…which makes it easy to remember.…A first name is more abstract and harder to remember…unless we include some sort of…repetition or association with it.…Now this is very important to realize,…that you're very good at remembering visual information…because we can leverage this idea to improve our memory.…Let's go over an example, here's a 14 letter…combination that I want you to memorize.…
- Learning to read faster and more thoroughly
- Improving your note-taking skills
- Enhancing your memory
- Memorizing new words and formulas
- Scoring better on tests
- Creating study plans
Skill Level Beginner
1. Ramp Up Your Reading
2. Improve Your Note-Taking Skills
3. Techniques for Enhancing Your Memory
4. Score Better on Tests
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.