- A mnemonic device is a memory…technique that helps you remember information.…You may have used one before to remember…topics that relate to music, math, geography,…or a variety of other subjects.…For example, one type of mnemonic…related to music helps you remember the lines…of the treble clef, Every Good Boy Does Fine.…Another type of mnemonic device helps you…remember the order of operations in mathematics.…Please Excuse My Dear Aunt Sally.…Here's a geographic mnemonic to…help you remember The Great Lakes, HOMES.…
It stands for Lake Huron, Ontario,…Michigan, Erie, and Superior.…Mnemonic devices come in a variety of formats.…They can be acronyms, rhymes, memorable phrases,…songs, and can even take visual forms.…For example, to remember the number of days in each month,…you can use the knuckle mnemonic.…Going from left to right, you can figure out which…months have 30 versus 31 days.…Each knuckle represents 31 days,…and each valley before the next knuckle represents 30 days,…or in the case of February, 28 or 29 days.…
- Learning to read faster and more thoroughly
- Improving your note-taking skills
- Enhancing your memory
- Memorizing new words and formulas
- Scoring better on tests
- Creating study plans
Skill Level Beginner
1. Ramp Up Your Reading
2. Improve Your Note-Taking Skills
3. Techniques for Enhancing Your Memory
4. Score Better on Tests
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.