Join Paul Nowak for an in-depth discussion in this video Tips for the day of the exam, part of Learning Study Skills.
- In this lesson we'll go over some does…and don'ts for the day of your exam.…One of the most important things you can do at the…start of your day is to make sure you eat a healthy…well balanced breakfast to fuel your body and brain.…Try to shoot for a good mix of fresh fruit,…whole grains, and protein to keep yourself…energized and alert throughout the test.…If you're a regular coffee drinker,…you can have a cup before the exam,…but you may want to avoid excessive amounts of caffeine,…since it could make you a little jittery or anxious,…and this could interrupt your focus during the exam.…You may also want to avoid energy drinks…that are high in caffeine and sugar,…these may lead to an initial spike in energy,…but they also result in a sharp drop…in energy when the stimulants wear off.…
If you're taking a very long test you may also want…to consider bringing a healthy snack…that could give you a much needed boost…in the middle or near the end of the exam.…Don't forget about water, research shows your…brain performs better when it's well hydrated.…
- Learning to read faster and more thoroughly
- Improving your note-taking skills
- Enhancing your memory
- Memorizing new words and formulas
- Scoring better on tests
- Creating study plans
Skill Level Beginner
1. Ramp Up Your Reading
2. Improve Your Note-Taking Skills
3. Techniques for Enhancing Your Memory
4. Score Better on Tests
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.