- In this video, we're going to discuss how…taking strategic breaks can benefit you while studying.…Have you ever had the situation where…you're reading for a long period of time…and all of a sudden you realize,…"I have no clue what I just read."…This situation has happened to all of us…at one point or another.…But you can keep this from happening often…if you take strategic breaks while studying.…Here's a good rule of thumb to follow…when you have to study for long periods of time.…Set a timer for 25 minutes of focused,…distraction-free studying.…After the 25 minutes is up, take a five minute break.…
You may want to use this five minute break…to stand up and maybe walk around to get your blood flowing.…Keep in mind that sitting for very long periods of time…is harmful to your health.…So use this time to get out of your seat.…You can use this five minute break…to check voicemails or text messages…that came in while you were studying.…Of course, that assumes that you turned your phone off…for the the initial 25 minutes of study time,…
- Learning to read faster and more thoroughly
- Improving your note-taking skills
- Enhancing your memory
- Memorizing new words and formulas
- Scoring better on tests
- Creating study plans
Skill Level Beginner
1. Ramp Up Your Reading
2. Improve Your Note-Taking Skills
3. Techniques for Enhancing Your Memory
4. Score Better on Tests
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.