- What happens when the funding runs out?…Will the project end or will your school or institution…be able to keep the program running?…If you do plan to keep the project running,…how are you going to accomplish that goal?…How will it be funded in the future?…These are the types of questions you answer…in your sustainability plan.…While some grants are for a one and done,…such as a one-time purchase of technology…or a one-time presentation by a well known speaker,…many educational grants are focused…on providing start-up funds for an initiative…the funding agency wants to see continue…after their funding is expended.…
An example of a Sustainability Plan…from a winning proposal is contained in the exercise files.…It is short, because space is precious in a grant narrative,…and that is why it is so important…to have a carefully worded few paragraphs…for your Sustainability Plan.…Sustainability is the continuation of a project's…goals, principles, and efforts to achieve desired outcomes.…It does not have to mean an exact…
- Finding a private or governmental funding agency
- Locating collaborators
- Understanding an RFP
- Dissecting the anatomy of a grant proposal: front matter to appendices
- Avoiding common grant-writing mistakes
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Before You Start Writing
2. Understanding the Request for Proposal (RFP)/Solicitation
Parts of the RFP6m 22s
3. Anatomy of a Grant Proposal
4. Common Mistakes
Next steps1m 34s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.