- Learning to read faster and more thoroughly
- Improving your note-taking skills
- Enhancing your memory
- Memorizing new words and formulas
- Scoring better on tests
- Creating study plans
Skill Level Beginner
- Welcome to Study Skills Fundamentals, I'm Paul Nowak and I'll be your instructor for this course. I've been teaching study skills like speed reading and memory techniques for over nine years and I'm excited to share these skills with you. This course is organized into four major parts. Part one focuses on reading, where we'll cover speed reading techniques, improving your comprehension and improving your focus while reading. In part two we'll cover a variety of note taking systems and explore when to use them and how you can organize your information. The third part of this course is an area I think you'll find very fascinating.
Here we'll cover a variety of techniques for improving your memory. And finally part four covers testing. Here we'll look at skills to help you simplify the test taking process, including preparing, reviewing and actually taking the test. When you learn these skills I think they'll open up opportunities for you. You'll learn to be a better student and life long learner. Let's go ahead and get started.
1. Ramp Up Your Reading
2. Improve Your Note-Taking Skills
3. Techniques for Enhancing Your Memory
4. Score Better on Tests
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.